- Just put a smile on your face! See what happens to your world view? This is a quick fix to when you just can't see any light in the dark world. Read this post to read more about how I do this.
- Pick up a happy hobby. Even if it is just for yourself, find something you love doing. My list includes photography, blogging, writing, playing music. Creating something shows how much you are capable of, however bad you are feeling. Read this post to see what I mean.
- Go for a nice walk. Even if you have tons of things to do, if you can't seem to be that productive, just go for a short stroll around the neighborhood. For me, this clears my head a little bit, and gives me time to think without being pressured by anything.
- Lie on your back outside, and look into the sky. This helps me put my worries into perspective with the awesome power of God. It also helps me to clear my head a bit.
- Lie on your front outside, and look into the grass. (Preferably on a lawn). Can you see the little ants scuttling around, or any other tiny insects? When you're worried, just look at them. Don't you feel a little better now? I sure do!
- Dance in the rain. (Preferably when you are at home). It gives you a feeling of freedom, and just by being outside you feel free from all the pushy influences inside like your boss, or deadlines. It is also very refreshing. Just make sure you clean yourself up though!
- Pray to God. This is probably the most effective. When you just feel so overcrowded with things to do, or your struggling emotions, a quick prayer to God reminds you that you are not alone. This always give me strength, and hopefully it does for you too.
Longer lasting solutions
- Bring God into your life. This is the only thing that I could think of that would provide ongoing encouragement in a hectic life. As it says in the bible, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13
- Go to a church. Even if you don't want to bring God into your life to help you with your struggles, churches are a good place to receive encouragement. Maybe you will find someone who had or has the same problem as you, and you could get help and hope from them.
These are the tips that I used, and still use to keep ahead of my crowding, busy life. If you have any other tips or tricks that you use, please comment below, so I could also learn from them. I hope that this page becomes a place that encourages people, so they can live happier, and more joyful lives.