Tuesday 2 November 2010

I hate rain, but do I?

It's been raining throughout the week, and I am feeling quite depressed that I can't go outside. It seems to be permanently set on rain, or clouds with no sun coming through to enjoy, or to dry my clothes...

I could keep complaining about rain... It seems that no one wants water dumped on them when they don't want to. But about 2 years ago, wasn't everyone praying for rain?

Australia was in drought, there was low dam levels, and it seemed like Australia was doomed into turning into just a desert island. Everyone prayed to God for rain on a regularly basis, and thanked him when it came [even though in small amounts].

Zoom back into today's time. What happened to all those prayers? They were answered! NSW is now classified as not being in drought anymore! Hooray! I went on a hike into Western NSW, and I expected brown grass, and dead trees, but instead I was met with beautiful scenery of lush green grass, and strong lively trees.

It might not be connected but I always think that I am happy God is the one in control of my life, not me. It's so easy to get lost on the way to life, it is so good that God lets us look to him for guidance. Plus, he knows what I want better than I do! So why wouldn't I put trust into him for providing me with what I need.

I hope next time I pray for something, I might be patient for the answer, and be thankful for God that he is in control. I hope also that I can lean on him throughout my life, and remember that he always knows better.

Thanks for reading my blog. I usually write one new post each week, about something that is on my mind, so keep checking back for more.

treebytheriver

No comments:

Post a Comment