Tuesday 12 October 2010

Reply to comments...

Thanks for reading my blog. Since I got a reply, I better respond! (Check the grandparent post October 1st for the question)

Grandparents hidden away in retirement villages...

I think Grandparents are not necessarily hidden away in retirement villages, but more like the whole of retirement villages are hidden away from everyone. Until my grandparents went to a retirement village, I didn't notice any around, but now, in nooks and crannies I can see their are retirement villages. They are just not visible to those who are not looking for them.

I think it would be good if there was a retirement village right near a school, so to make it natural for people to meet grandparents. They are part of the family, and love talking to people. Then they could also help with some school activities like gardening, or library. It will be a good way of giving back to the community which supports them.

Grandparents aren't something you would want to hide. With their amazing experience they are a joy to meet, in any part of town.


About grandparents becoming parents again as both real parents have to work...

I think this is quite sad, although it might be the fact that the grandparents enjoy taking care of their grandchildren everyday. Taking care of kids might be a hassle, but it is another blessing that God has given us, and we should enjoy it.

In the end, Grandparents are really a blessing from God, with their wisdom, and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment