Friday 1 October 2010

Thoughts on Grandparents

I visited my grandparents today. It was really fun, and they were really interested in what was going on in my life. They were really watching over me, and cared about what happened to me. It was really encouraging.

I know it might be childish, but here is an acrostic poem to my grandparents, and any other grandparents. I do give you permission to send it to your grandparents too.

Generously giving time and effort to make me grow.
Reaching out when I am about to fall.
Amazing knowledge
Never ending praise
Different perspectives on everything
Proud of all my achievements
Apple pie, and custard that is the best in the world
Reading all my assignments even if they are a bore
Ever-ready advice in any situation
Noting down everywhere I go
Thank you for being there for me
See you later!

Hope you liked it!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a grandparent yet, but if I become one I would love to have that said about me. Why do you think our society hides 'grandparents' in retirement villages and nursing homes? What do you think about the trend for grandparents to become parents again for their grandchildren because their mothers are now working more? I am interested in your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete